Welcome to The Family Reader!


At The Family Reader, you will find family friendly book excerpts and reviews. The books featured here are books for all ages and all walks of life. Please feel free to post your comments about the books mentioned, as we would love to hear what you have to say about them, too!

Special Notes

All reviews are written by and are the property of Rachael Towle. Additional information on books, including excerpts and images, are used with permission by the publicists. None of the articles used for this blog are to be used on any other website without permission.

Please contact me if you are interested in submitting a book for review.

Although this blog has not been updated in a while, traffic is still making its way to the site. I am always happy to accept new content from publicists and am willing to do a limited amount of book reviews.

Again, please contact me if you are interested in publicizing your books.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Greetings (Again!) Readers!

It has been a very long time since I last posted on this blog and thankfully it was still around for me to pick back up again.

A lot has happened since October 2009.  My son is now 9, my twin girls are now 4 and I am a full-time student.  I once thought I would be getting an English degree, and have since diverted my path into accounting, of all things.  I am really excited about it, though.  My Type-A personality fits right into accounting. 

I still do a lot of reading.  Previously, publicists would send me books to read and review.  Since my blog and websites went silent and off-line (respectively), I withdrew from the book-reviewing world and focused on other things. 

The online world has changed a lot too over the past three years and I will be making efforts to find more followers through social networking sites I already use.  We will see where this goes.  I have so much time on my hands (read the sarcasm) between being a mom, a wife, a student, a chef, a chauffeur, and the list goes on.  Wait, let's not forget maid, too.  Being a mom is doing a new job after another.  Hopefully I will actually find the time to keep this blog current.

I've tried updating my older posts because some of my links were dead.  I've gotten through about a third of them and plan on putting in updated links as I can. 

Until my next post... keep reading!

No comments: